Superfood Organic Lucuma powder is called “The Gold of the Incas” by the Incan people due to its golden colour. They even refer to this exotic fruit as their own gold and use it as a currency. It is also called the “tree of life” as the Lucuma fruit happened to be the only staple food for the people during hard times.
Our organic Lucuma powder comes all the way from Peru where the Lucuma fruit, quite similar to avocado fruit, has been worshipped and harvested long before the Incan empire due to its high nutritional and medicinal values. In fact, the purest and best Lucuma actually grows at altitudes that are higher than 1000 meters on the Andean coast lines in Peru.
Benefits of Lucuma powder
- Can be used as a natural sweetener to help stabilize blood sugar for the diabetics due to its low Glycemic Index and fruity flavour.
- Helps in boosting the immune system and physical fitness due to its high content of iron.
- Prevents diseases and slows the aging process due to its high level of antioxidants and calcium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, fiber and Vitamins A, C and B3
- Provides protection against certain types of cancer
- Supports cardiovascular health system due to ACE inhibitory activities
- Makes a great sunscreen to prevent sun damaged skin and promotes radiant skin. Its beta-carotene helps in the conversion to vitamin A which helps in improving skin tone, reducing fine lines and wrinkles as well as helping cell repair and growth.
- Helps in enhancing energy throughout the day.
- Reduces inflammation
- Helps digestive system with its high fiber content.